From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 19:27:20 -0400
If you are absolutely sure that your jumpers are correct (your symptoms
really point to the jumpers being wrong), unplug your cd and configure the
new drive as master and hook it to that connector.  See if your machine will
boot with one hard drive on each controller.

I have had a Maxtor that was DOA from the factory but I couldn't run any
diagnostics on it at all. Apparently you can run them on yours.

Ben Moore