From:
Arif Ullah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 23:07:07 +0600
I am starting to doubt the motherboard. I've tried two different sets of
speakers with same result. Besides, as I mentioned earlier, the sound card
works fine after that particular noise. But, now I've noticed that a
humming noise starts to come out of the speakers after I've used the PC for
an hour or so. I've tried the sound card in a different machine and it
works fine.

I don't know if this is possible but I was wondering, may be a small
amounts of electricity is passing to the ISA slots of the motherboard
(Shuttle Hot 569) at power on and causing the sound. Is there any way to
ground a motherboard?

Arif Ullah.