Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 19:58:41 +1000
Hi

Short answer is: you need a stereo amplifier.

I currently have a SB16 sound card and I run a lead with a stereo
"headphone" type jack (small) on one end and twin RCA's on the other
end, from the line out socket on the soundcard to the aux input on an
old stereo amp. The amp has a decent set of speakers hooked up to it and
the sound is awsome.

hope this helps...Leigh Jennings

I just replaced my old SB16 with a SB AWE64, I feel that my speaker
couldn't catch up. However, I have no budget to get a good speaker, so
that I want to use the speaker from old hi-fi system. I want the speaker

directly plugs into sound card. Has anyone done this kind of thing
before? What cable do I need (I know I probably need to make cable
myself)? Is it possible to do so (I'm worry about that sound card
doesn't have enough power to power up hi-fi speakers).

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html