From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:33:15 -0800
It sounds to me like you are asking for a hardware device that works
independent of third party software.
I don't know of such a hardware answering device, but I use an old external
Practical Peripherals voice / phone modem with Talkworks Pro 3.0 ( no
longer in production or supported).

The software does all you ask for and more. I have been using this for many
years as my answering machine on a Windows98SE server. It is worth doing if
you need to log calls or archive voice mail. And it has many other
features, voice mail boxes, you can forward your calls, Fax Server and with
remote fax retrieval. Lots and lots of features.

It took me a few years to really become familiar with all it's capabilities
but now that I know how to use the software I find it indispensable to my
businesses. You can still find both the modem and the software on eBay.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

>On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:32:21 -0800 Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
>writes:
> > Anyone know of a device to allow recording of caller id into a database
> > on a computer? Also would like to record the number being dialed out.
> > Thanks for any leads.
> > Peter

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml