From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 11:31:54 -0400
On Thursday 30 May 2002 04:46 am, you wrote:
> Hi to All,
>     I have an AMD 950 Thunderbird running Windows ME.  Every so often the
> BIOS settings are changed after re-booting.  Specifically, the drive
> designated as the 1st boot device changes from 3.5" floppy to IDE.  I have
> changed the battery, but it still does it - any suggestions? Secondly, is
> there a site that list the best BIOS settings for a particular system, or
> at least gives good definitions.  My MB manual helps a little, but I am
> unsure in many cases.
>
> Thanks,
> Neil Rogers

Neil:
Here's two good BIOS sites:
www.wimsbios.com
www.adriansrojakpot.com/Speed_Demonz/BIOS_Guide/BIOS_Guide_Index.htm

Sorry, but I can't help you with your first question; I'd have bet
on the new battery. Question: What happens if you select IDE as the first
boot device? You won't have to listen to your drive grinding away when the
drive is empty, and you'll shorten the boot time. And, FWIW, in the old days
when most viruses were transmitted by infected floppies, booting to floppies
was considered a very risky practice. (One of the lessons that I learned the
hard way.)
Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: