From:
Amy Longstreth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:42:11 EDT
Hi! I have an older Dell system...purchased in early 1998...and I've decided
to reformat the hard drive but the "format c:" command doesn't work - says
'bad command or file name'.  I am currently running Windows 95 but am
planning to load Win98 after the format so I have been using the 98 boot
disk. My drive was compressed which created a host drive, H, and a second
drive, D, that I cannot uncompress through DriveSpace. When I try that it
tells me there are errors on the drive that need to be fixed beforehand. When
I run ScanDisk it doesn't find any errors. I'm so confused and eager to get
this format done...any suggestions? Thanks for any help!

Amy Longstreth

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml