From:
Mansoor Butt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 06:07:31 +0500
My pioneer 4x CDRom drive doesn't read CD's any more.I opened it up and
cleaned its lens with cotton and some spririt. But it only displays
directories and barely is able to copy files (on hard disk. only small
ones). Is there any thing I can do other than scrubing its lens ?

What's the difference between 4x, 8x,....32x ? Is the 32x eight times faster
than the 4x ? How does it do the job more quickly ? thanks.

Mansoor

( Note to moderator : My previous post 'bad clusters' didnt show up although
I changed the settings as you said. Please post it, as my hard disk is
giving real problems and I need some advice on it )