From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:22:55 -0700
On 8 Jun 99, at 19:58, Patrick Black wrote:

> I'm having trouble with my CD Audio. When I go to listen to the CD the right
> channel is barely audible or not audible at all.

  Note that there are a variety of different ways that these cables get
wired.  At the sound card end, there are two different popular connectors,
but three or more common arrangements of what signal goes on what wire.
[This issue, in your case, may be at the DVD decoder card rather than the
sound card.]

  Check the DVD card documentation for the connector where you have the CD
cable.  It may be labelled RGGL or RGLG or something similar, for Right
(channel), Left (channel) and Ground.  Examine the wires at the end of the
cable that go into the connector, and make sure they match this.
  For instance, if you plug an RGLG cable into an RGGL connector, which
channel you get will depend on orientation of the plug -- but you will NOT
get both, no matter how you twist it.  I'm suspecting that your problem could
be something like this.

David G