From:
Dan Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:07:49 -0600
I have my home wired (Ethernet) with a D-Link 704 Router which is fed by
a cable modem.

On my internal network, I have three PC's with 192.168.0.xx addressing.
I want to turn file sharing on, but am concerned about security from the
outside world.  Is there anyway an external individual can jump across
my router and access my private network?  If my router were configured
at 192.168.0.1 and my first pc configured at 192.168.0.2, can an
attacker guess and try to get past the router?

I am under the assumption that they can not, and I have just a standard
setup on my network - nothing that I would consider weird, or would
allow any of my PC's to be exposed to the outside world.  I regularly
scan for Trojans, so I am sure that there is nothing going out. I am
only concerned about malicious incoming traffic.

Thanks,
Dan Ellis

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml