From:
Charles Mims <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 17:18:25 -0500
Thank you all for your help!  I disabled UDMA in the Bios and the drive
formatted and installed.  One of the things I neglected to mention was the
problem.  My motherboard uses a VIA chipset, and apparently Win2K has some
"issues" with this chipset.  There is a new VIA driver for the IDE channels
that may allow me to turn back on the UDMA.  Once everything is running
smoothly again I will download those and give it a whirl.

BTW Bill Cohane, even making the partition at <8 gigs for the operating
system did not solve the problem, I still had to make the UDMA change.
Thanks for the tip though, it made sense.

Thanks again for your help.  I was pulling my hair out, and I don't have
much left in the first place!

Charles Mims
Daytona Beach