From:
Douglas E Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2011 14:54:10 -0400
You really don't have an eMachines computer any more.  You have the
case of an eMachines but all the guts are the Intel motherboard.  The
eMachines restore disk has drivers for the old eMachines motherboard
and not the Intel MB.  You will have to use an XP install disk and
the drivers for the motherboard which may or may not be on the XP
install disk.

You should contact the people who installed the motherboard and ask
for the driver disk that comes with replacement motherboards so you
can run it after installing XP.  There may be some place on the
Internet that you can get the motherboard disk through a support
group or discussion group about Intel motherboards.  There is a
remote chance that you may be able to get the correct drivers at:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/
which is supposed to detect which drivers your motherboard needs and
will update them. Or if you know something about the chipset that's
on the Motherboard, you can try downloading the drivers from:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Hope this helps some.

Doug