From:
"jeff.lane" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:13:39 -0700
Michele,
If your monitor is white when disconnected and dark when connected it may be ok. Adjust the brightness on the monitor as it will be different on different systems. If that doesn't work you might try the below.
Be certain that you have installed all of the motherboard mounting stantions when you originally put everything together. This is important for grounding purposes as many motherboards are very sensitive to this.(They never tell you this)
After this  I would disconnect everything...all cables and power connectors...except case power light, ATX power connector, and power supply connector. The key here is to eliminate anything that may be defective or shorting out. At this point all you want to do is have the mobo boot through the video and BIOS, any errors after that are easily corrected.
While you are in the case reseat all of your RAM, although I do not think this is your problem right now.
Good luck,

Jeff