From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 20:41:39 -0800
Mark, try buying a thin fan like the one Intel puts on PIII Coppermine
CPU's.  Heat will absolutely kill those Geforce cards, and they generate
tons of it.  If you don't already have one you should put in a case fan.  If
you are running this video card you must have a pretty new system, and
should have a CPU fan, a power supply fan, and at least one chassis/case
fan.  Guillemot must be using some really cheap fans to cut costs.  Joel

Subject: [PCBUILD] 3D Prophet 32M Video Card fans....
I have a Guillemot 3D Prophet GeForce 32M video card that I am very happy
with except for one thing.

I've now had it barely over a year and I'm on my second card and third fan.

The fans seem to continually grind themselves to a halt.  The first video
card was replaced since the fan died and by the time I determined what was
happening, the card had failed.

Now, Guillemot were extremely good and replaced it immediately, but four
months later, the new cards fan went.  Guillemot sent me just the fan as my
request, and sure enough, 4 months later it making it's death sounds.

Has anyone else had this type of experience and is it possible to get a
good fan from another supplier.  They are very low-line fans connecting to
power from the card.

Thanks for everyone's help,

Mark C. Barron

                     support at our newest website: