From:
Bassem Fahmy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 15:35:05 +0300
Hello,

I have Intel MMX and motherboard silicon .. (sis 5571) .. I have done a dangerous thing, have put my CPU in another motherboard and remove every thing from my motherboard .. and after finish (about 1 hour) I have return every thing to my motherboard and the CPU as well ..

I face a problem which .. when the computer start to open he stops in this step "verifying DMI pool ...." which appear before "Starting Win98" ..

The computer before the replacement was running very well. I have try several ways like load the defult bios but it did not work until I find that in the bios program and in the "Bios features setup" there are a command called "External cache" and is Enabled .. if I make it disabled the computer go and log to the win98 but it hang before enter the win 98 ..

I am work now by the CPU 166 of the other computer as a temporary .. and it worked fine with me .. and it works although the "External Cache" in the bios is enabled ..

and help please in that ..

Thank you very mush ..

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html