From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 11:20:41 -0500
Usually that message means you've left a floppy disk in your A drive that isn't a valid startup (system) disk.  That would cover almost any floppy disk other than a startup disk you've left in the A drive while trying to boot up. If you remove the disk the boot should continue.

>I would like to apologize to everyone on the list (especially Rick).  I
>unknowingly stated the wrong error message in a previous post message.
>The actual error message I received was "Invalid system disk, replace
>with a valid system disk".  Below is the inaccurate error message I sent
>earlier:
>
>I have a Windows ME box that will not boot from the C: drive.  Whenever
>I restart the system, I receive the message "invalid File System, please
>replace the device" (Don't quote me on the exact error message).  I'm
>able to boot from a Win98se boot disk and by using the Fdisk utility
>able to see the C:drive partition is set to active. I'm also able to
>navigate through various folders on the C:drive through the DOS
>environment.  Any suggestions?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml