From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:02:05 -0600
Many things can cause it to hang.  If it hangs about the same time,
no matter what program is running, then it is a good indicator of an
overheating problem.

Since your fan does not work, it sort of confirms the diagnosis.

Many ATX power switches have to be held down for at least
four seconds to turn off the computer (they are not really
on/off switches), and the action is actually controlled by
the motherboard.  So, if the mb is not working, then that
may explain the problem.  Software crashes usually respond
to the four-sceond push, but hardware crashes are another
thing.

Fix the fan ASAP, as you are probably harming the system by
overheating it.

Dean Kukral