From:
Timothy Schryer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 12:40:08 -0500
>I have noticed that my computer running Win98 has recently begun to lose
>time, maybe a couple of minutes a day (the clock in the taskbar). Does this
>indicate a bad battery, or is it something else? If it is the battery, where
>can I get a new one, and how do I install it? Thank you,

You might try a program called RighTime, available for a 90 day trial at
http://www.RighTime.com. RighTime is a small, sophisticated memory-resident
program that automatically corrects both the DOS system clock and the
hardware "CMOS" real time clock (RTC) in real time.  RighTime learns what
corrections are required
without operator interaction beyond the occasional accurate time set.
Without other indications, I don't believe the problem is the battery, but
batteries are readily available at most any computer store.  Hope this helps.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org