Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 02:00:33 +1100
I would like to add a bit more from my exp.

Yui Shin wrote:

> Art Cassel wrote:
>

> Not true. Newer doesn't always mean better. I have Sony, Panasonic,

> and Hitachi drives less than 10x used in shuttles to restore customers'
> pc's from  CD-R discs. Some of the (24x's or >) have such poor
> optics, vibration buffering, etc. such as BTC, and Lite-On that I had
> to reduce the read ahead buffering to get them to read a CD-R disc.

Even Same brand, same mode CD-ROM won't be the same. I couldn't use our driver
collection CD (CD-R) on one of our working machine, the CD works anywhere else
and that "problem" CD drive can read any disk else.

> > 8) When using an IDE burner, use alt-cnt-del to shut down everything
> > non-essential to your computer and that includes anti-virus, sound
> > cards,etc..  Failing to do this will inevitably produce a fine
> > collection of coasters to keep your coffee cups on.  You'll discover the
> > pleasure of the buffer overrun GUI if you don't believe!
>
> This is true on slower systems, or pc's with issues to resolve.

I couldn't agree with this, especially when you recoding at high speed, there
shouldn't have anyother unnessasery software running during the processing. On
our P3-450 (with 128M RAM) machine, recoding at 6x speed requires nothing
running at background (expect windows), otherwise the CD would be very much
possibly wasted. SCSI drive dosen't seem to have this problem however.

Jun Qian