From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 06:55:51 -0600
At 08:21 PM 9/24/2002, you wrote:
>I recently acquired a P II-350 pc, with dual processors, 384 mb of ram and 4
>empty pci slots, 25 GB on 2 SCSI hd's.  Unfortunately, it has NT4 installed and
>I can't get past the signon/password screen to see what is on the hard drives to
>decide whether to wipe them both out or just clean them up.  I can use a generic
>boot disk to get an 'A' prompt, but can't view the scsi drives.  I can't install
>W98 as a dual boot because the discs are formated 100% NTFS.
>Any easy way to get around the signon password?

There is a hack that will get around the password on NT4 machines, if
you have write access to the hard drive.   By booting with a floppy you
should be able to load this file into NT4.   Just download this small
file and read the instructions enclosed:
http://www.ussrback.com/NT/hack/nt4all-101.zip  (77k)

     Bob Wright
The NoSpin Group

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,