From:
Michael Wosnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 08:32:17 -0400
Thanks to all who responded with tips and advice. It turns out that it was
indeed my cable provider all along. Although they said I was set up for 2
IPs, they lied :-). Seems there was some obscure setting that wasn't set (at
their end...), and lo and behold no matter what I did, my two computers were
sharing 1 IP.

It took several phone calls and getting past the disclaimer "We don't
support networks". Yeah, I know, but I wasn't asking for support on my
network, I was asking for support on configuring the 2nd IP that you were
happily taking my money for :-)

Anyway, all is working fine now. Thanks again to all.

Michael

-----------------------
Michael A. Wosnick, Ph.D.
Director, Research Programs
National Cancer Institute of Canada
10 Alcorn Avenue, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario M4V 3B1

Direct Line:  416-934-5672
Switchboard Phone Number:  416-961-7223
NCIC Research FAX Number: 416-961-7327

Web Site: http://ncic.cancer.ca

mailto:[log in to unmask]
mailto:[log in to unmask]

Cancer Information Service: 1-888-939-3333
(9-6, Monday to Friday, anywhere in Canada)

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html