From:
Taha Hameed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 04:10:03 +0500
>On  1 Aug 98 at 14:22, Alvin B Johnson wrote:
>
>> Problem:
>> The colors continue to change from the set colors to blue or green.
>> When I turn my computer on and the various drivers and ect are loaded
>> the text appears on the screen in a green like color instead of the
>> white that it should be. For Windows I have my windows colors set
>> basically as coral and gray with black for text. However, when I enter
>> windows the color often changes to a dark blue. Sometines it flickers
>> and do not change colors. The colors also changes in other applications.
>>
>> Any suggestions to this problems will be appreciated

Yesterday, I came across a client who had the same problem with his
monitor. After confirming that the video card was OK, I checked the monitor
cables. The culprit was some disconnected wires at the end of the data
cable connecting the PC. After soldering them the problem was all over. And
the monitor is working perfect now.

My suggestion would be that you check the monitor cables first and if it
cannot be fixed by yourself, then take it to someone who is skillful enough
in monitor repairs.

Taha Hameed
ELECTRON
Malé, Maldives