From:
Daniel Wilde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 12:55:52 -0500
i have just purchased a new motherboard new memory ddr 512 and a new processor AMD 1800.  I removed my hard drive from my old machine AMD 450 and connected with all my various cards(i.e modem sound) to the new machine when i tried to boot in to windows i received an error message telling me to run fdisk on my HD.  I decided the best action was to re-format my drive and to re-install XP or even 98.  I did this and removed the 4 partitions which i had on my oldmachine.  The first thing i noticed was that although my HD is 44gig it does not pick it up and only the 34 gig which i have been running on with my previous systm(this was due to the motherboard not handling more than 34gig).   I then after fdisk formated my drive with a /s option. i then proceded to install XP with the auto installation and the machine locked up.  so i put back in the boot disk and tried to go back to dos the machine promted me for what wether i wanted CD support which i selected and the machine locked..... I can not seem to install xp and can not get to dos i have made a new dos disk which also locks the machine, or is it just taking for ever im not sure.

Does anyone have any advice please....

thansk in advance.