From:
jokester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 19:30:52 -0700
Hello fellow listers:

I normally do not have problems with systems or devices as I am a tech
myself, but this one has stumped me and everyone I have spoken with.

I am currently running a new install of Win XP Professional on a FIC
PA-2013B Motherboard, AMD K6II-450 CPU, Via Chipset with 256 meg Ram and
bios to current version.

I attempted to installed a Sony DRU-510A CDRW/DVD+-RW device and it would
either hang the system or read only a partial directory of a burnt cd.  It
would not even read the original install dvd disk that came with it.  It
would read though an original commercial audio music cd.

I checked the cd's quality in another rom and works fine.  Also checked it
in other systems readers and worked fine.  I further plugged in the device
into another machine running 1 gig of ram and an Intel motherboard, Intel
chipset, 1.8 G CPU, etc and it hung that one as well.  I took it back to
the dealer and they plugged it into an MSI motherboard and ran all the
tests that I did and it did not fail.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas since I am almost out of options
lest taking it back and telling them where to put it.

TIA

Sam Reiner
SNR Consulting Services

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,