From:
"John G. Cakars" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:43:18 -0800
Packard Bell POS, Evergreen 200Mxx Upgrade, Win 95a, Norton
Anti-Virus 5.0

Yes, I know, I needed to ask this sooner, but I thought I was
covered. In October, I ran the OnMark 2000 BIOS Test v.3.02
and it reported that I was Y2k compliant. I also ran the
MacAfee 2000 Toolbox Hardware Check. It too said I was ok. I
did have Norton Anti-Virus already installed, when I ran both
of these checks.

Within the last few days, I received an email from a
distributor of Bug Doctor 2000. I scanned the demo and it
reported 39 instances of software problems. They also offered
a demo of their hardware BIOS test. I tried that out. Well,
according to it, my computer fails the RTC test. I ran the
OnMark and the 2000 Toolbox again and both reported that my
hardware passes.

So now I'm totally confused. Is my pc y2k ready or not? I
don't understand this business with the anti-virus. Do you
have to disable the Auto-Protect feature of the Norton
program, when I run any tests or fixes to software.

I know I must sound like I'm not with the program, but I
really thought I was covered hardware wise, not all of my
software.