From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:30:24 -0500
Peter's post :----

<<< You apparently downloaded the file onto the floppy. To make the bootable
floppy, you need to run the file on your computer and it will prompt you to
put a floppy disk into the drive. It then will write to the disk and create
a bootable floppy.

Hope this helps.>>>

I feel that if the bios is set to boot from floppy (as is generally the case) then by simply inserting the boot floppy downloaded from free pc tech site and powering up should give access to the various commands/prompts in dos

this is somewhat bourne out from the original post by Larry Maddock (clipped)

<<<  while trying to format the hard drive

from above, at least to me, it appears that Larry has got as far as "format" command from the floppy.

from the error msg to me it appears a problem with detection of the HDD.

however willing to stand corrected.

have a nice day----Venkat Viswanahan

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml