From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 12:22:03 -0800
Posted on behalf of   Jack L. Parks  <[log in to unmask]>
by List Moderator Mark Rode

Hello Listers, I have a problem with my computer locking up. This can happen
any time, in any program. When it happens I cannot hit cont,alt,del, to see
if something is not responding. I can only reboot. It can happen even to the
screen saver. I have checked the device manag. and there are no conflicts
and it says I am configured for best results. My specs. Are the following.

Win 98, AMD K6 233 CPU, a single 64 meg SDRAM, 1-WD 4.3gig on the primary
master, CD-rom as a slave and 1-WD 4.3 on the secondary as a master.S3 Virge
video card with 4 megs ram, awe64 Sound blaster, and a printer. Motherboard
is a DFI P5BVP,Award BIOS 95 plug&play compatible,Power supply ATX.

Some days it will go all day long and it won't lock and the next time it
will do it a couple of times. I don't think heat is a problem because I have
checked my fans and they are working and this board also has a heat
management in the cmos and when I check it, it is with in the limits that
are recommended. The only thing I can think that it might be is a flaky
sdram. I don't have access to another to try so I am open to suggestion
before I go out and buy another one.

TIA  [log in to unmask]

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]