From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 16:13:25 -0700
I suspect this has something to do with your mainboard. There are IRQ
issues with the FIC 503 series. I have had problems with NICs in the past
using a 503+ in Windows 98 and Linux. What happens is that the computer
BIOS assigns one IRQ but the OS assigns a different one...this results in
it being installed but it doesn't work. First make sure you are using the
latest BIOS for your FIC. If that doesn't help try manually setting your
IRQs in your BIOS.

Mark Rode
The NOSPIN Group