From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 20:47:31 -0400
> DirectCD WILL NOT WORK with CD-R's (wRitable)!!  It only works
> with CD-RW's
> (ReWritable).  Please check to make sure you are using the correct
> media.  When I first bought my CD Writer I made the same mistake that I
> think you are making.  Only 1 disk out of a box of 10 formatted for me and
> it shouldn't have.
>
> If you ARE using the CD-RW's then you have either received a bad batch of
> media, your CD Writer needs to be cleaned, or the drivers are not
> installed
> properly.

     AFAIK Direct CD DOES work with CDR media, it says in the DirectCD
manual that CDRs do work, in fact they have the full 650MB capacity since
they don't support deleting (well they do, but you don't get the capacity
back, you just get a portion of the disc that can't be accessed anymore).
Also, DirectCD allows you to convert the volume to ISO9660 format so it can
be read on other systems without UDF support. Now, I have never tried using
a CDR with DirectCD so I am not speaking from first hand experience, but all
this is in the manual. TTYL