From:
Kris Shapar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:38:09 -0400
Actually, Lance heard right, at least as far as DriveSpace goes: you can't
compress FAT32 drives using DriveSpace. There's a message to this effect in
the Win 98 Help files under "Freeing up disk space".

However, I'd agree with your recommendation about not using compression
unless you absolutely have to: I've had too many problems trying to read drives
compressed with one version of DoubleSpace, DriveSpace, etc. that could not
be read on machines using newer versions that hadn't ever had the earlier
versions installed.

Kris Shapar

On 15 Jun 98, about Re: [PCBUILD] Win 95 / Drive Space 3, Jeffrey Delzer
<[log in to unmask]> had this to say: