From:
"Richard F. Bolha" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 14:26:28 -0400
By clicking on the Blackice icon then select  temp. shut down
blackice. When completing scandisk or defrag. Go back into icon
and restart Blackice. No need to uninstall.

Good Luck
Richard Bolha

On 7 Jun 2001, at 13:43, Robert Flynn wrote:

> Problem Solved!!!!
> Thanks for all the info for my scandisk problem. As it turns out even though I
> ended all running programs using Task Manager, BlackIce continued to operate.
> A friend suggested downloading Filemon. Using Filemon I could see nothing but BlackIce running. I tried removing BlackIce from startup using run-msconfig rebooted and it still showed up on Filemon as running so I removed the program altogether and was able to do a normal Scan Disk. I don't know
if this is a normal thing for BlackIce or not maybe I'll reinstall it again to see what happens. For those who might need it, Filemon can be downloaded here. Bob

                          http://freepctech.com