From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:04:04 -0700
There is on problem in having SCSI and IDE devices in the same system. The
problem comes up when you want to boot from the SCSI device. Normally, the
BIOS forces you to boot from the IDE device only. Newer BIOS designs allow
you to set the boot device sequence.

However, even with older BIOS configurations, NT can boot from the SCSI
device by simply setting the CMOS configuration as having no IDE drives
present. Don't disable the IDE in BIOS, just set CMOS hard drive to NONE.
Since NT does not use the BIOS to access the hard drives, it will still see
the IDE drives, but the boot is done through the BIOS, so your SCSI device
performs the boot.

I wrote of my experiences on this some time back. Here is a link to my web
page where you can find my article:
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/8342/pnews/pn-feb97.htm

Also some of my experiences in installing SCSI with IDE:
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/8342/pnews/pn32.htm

Peter
Peter Shkabara
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/8342