From:
"Axelrod, Marc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 07:04:49 -0800
About a month ago I read an article about a serious lack of resources on
new motherboards.  In many cases computer systems were being purchased
that were unable to support any upgrades whatosever.

This issue recently hit home with me when I decided to replace my
existing motherboard to a IWILL P55XB2 (Intel 430 TX Chipset).  I
installed all of the standard stuff (i.e.; sound and modem) with no
problem.  Then I tried to install a second LPT port (there is one on the
board).  I was surprised to learn that there were to IRQ's available to
support any other device.

My question is 1) has anyone else encountered these type of problems 2)
Is there a work around, and 3) Can someone recommend a MB for the person
who likes to tack on alot of stuff to his computer.

Marc Axelrod