From:
Steve Woolley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 18:54:04 -0700
At 08:00 AM 6/5/98 , you wrote:
>> >First thing here is to try deleting out your drivers for the IDE
>> >bus mastering and restarting the computer.  Win95 should
>> >autodetect the onboard controller and properly install the
>> >drivers for the motherboard.   I have seen times when I have
>> >had to repeat this process a couple times for Win95 to
>> >get it right.
>
>Yes. This same thing happened to me. I had to remove all the IDE drivers and
>all the port connections, then shut down your computer. Turn it back on and
>let Windows find everything. This worked for me.

I've heard of a situation where someone had so many "unresolveable" device
conflicts that he just removed all hardware and ports (even system stuff)
in the "device Manager" and then rebooted and let W95 sort it all out.
Could have this have been a true story?  Is this safe to do?
Steve Woolley
http://home.inreach.com/over49
<><