From:
"LaMont K. Bankes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 17:33:21 -0700
>I've been looking at the AMD K6 233 ($127 w/ one year warranty) and the
Intel
>233 MMX ($166 w/ one year warranty). I'd appreciate any comments (good or
bad)
>on these two choices. The $ saved on the CPU will let me get some
additional
>RAM so the K6 is currently my preference over the Intel.
>
>David Brenner

Hi David,

   I have had the AMD-233 on my FIC PA-2007 motherboard since last year and
I have had no problems with it.  I would say go with the AMD and have no
reservations about it.  I specifically chose the AMD over the Intel for the
price reason and the excellent reviews on it.  The AMD 266 is now out.  AMD
has made the decision to support the socket 7 user and not leave us hanging
like Intel.  The CPU's that AMD has announced that will be out in the next
couple years is exciting . . . they will add speed (300+) and also 3D
support.

See ya,
LaMont