From:
"Fred E. Caldwell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 07:56:07 -0500
> computer will boot. All I get is 3 beeps and a dark screen. They are
seated

Robin all computer tech go through this sometime or another if they work
with systems long enough. (It was working before I started).  Some time
systems are picky about what kind of memory you put in them.If you have
access to the mother book review the memory section and look for the CMOS
jumper where you will know where it is on the board. Now are you sure your
not hearing a video code Beeeeeeeeeep. beep,beep,beep where as some people
bumps the video-card when trying to take mem in & out. Your system should
have a CMOS clear jumper somewhere close to the installed BAT. Turn your
system off and unplug it from power. Put back in your old memory and make
sure all of your cables & cards are seated well. jump your CMOS for a few
seconds and replace the jumper to normal and plug your system back in and
see if it fires up.

Good Luck

Fred Caldwell
Computerboy