From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 03:26:40 -0500
Vern Plumlee's original msg:---

  <<< I have an XP Home OS in a Compaq computer and keep getting the blue screen with
an error message reading "Unmountable Boot Volume." Received no "restore" disk
with it. It is a celeron 1300. what do I do to get to windows? Have tried safe
mode with no response. Please help !>>>

 This appears to be a "boot.ini" problem. I would suggest you browse the following url's in the order given.

(1)http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000630.htm(1)

(2)http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000627.htm(2)

Since you do not have the recovery cd please scroll down to the middle of the page on url (2) and see the "NOTE"

After that you may have to go to the microsoft sites and download the utilities and proceed.

As I understand from your post since you are unable to even boot perhaps you will have to take assistance from a friend's computer to take the above steps.

HTH and good luck---Venkat Viswanathan