Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:01:40 +1000
Dale T. Bryant wrote:

> Try muting the microphone in the volume control settings.  That helped me
> with a hissing/humming problem that I once had.
>
> Dale Bryant
>
> >I've noticed that a
> > humming noise starts to come out of the speakers after I've
> > used the PC for an hour or so. I've tried the sound card
> > in a different machine and it works fine.

If you have an advanced button, click on that and adjust the tone control for
the bass and treble and deselect the enhancement feature. My soundblaster
card is connected to an amplifier as with my synthesizer and I once had that
trouble, but lowering the sound in the volume control balance solved that
problem as I can control the volume on the amplifier instead. Depending on
the sort of music, the enhancement feature can be deselected and get the best
sound at times without the enhancement.

'Hope this helps.

Iz Kuzara