From:
Kevin Nowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 02:28:33 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/03 12:04:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> My computer is a E-machine 333CS running Win. 98. Last January I replaced
> the power supply and had not tried the cd rom until a couple of weeks ago
> and when I inserted a cd the little green light flashed and it clicked four
> times like it was starting then stopped. When I tried to access it through
> the control panel I got a message saying "D:\ is not accessible the drive
> is not ready".
> Somebody please help me !!!!!! I can't get an answer
> anywhere, I looked through all of the archives to no avail.

Paul,
In addition to the excellent advice already given, I'll add my two cents.
You said you changed the power supply.  Check to make sure you connected the
power plug to the cdrom correctle (if you got lights, that's probably not an
issue).  Secondly, check the ribbon cable.  It might have jarred loose.  If
the drivers and a virus aren't the issue, try several cd's to see if one gets
read.  If all those have failed, I think your cdrom has failed and needs
replacement.

HTH,
Kevin Nowicki

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,