From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:56:25 -0400
There's no telling as far as I know.
I think it depends on what problems exist, if any.
A blank, error-free disk shouldn't take long.
A disk with problems could take hours.
For the Log:
"Open the event viewer to the time of restart.
Chkdsk offers to run the repair process by using Autochk when the computer
is restarted.
Autochk information is logged by the Winlogon service, so look for entries
with Winlogon listed as the source of the entry

start/run, type:
eventvwr.msc"

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Diane<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I ran Chkdsk /f.  It ran in DOS and I didn't watch it.  Now I can't figure
> out where the event log is on my computer?
>
> How do I see the results of the command?
>
> Also, I want to run a chkdsk that actually checks the surface of my HD.  It
> warns that it will take a long time.  It's a 200 GB drive.  How long will it
> take.  What if it's blank?
>
> WinXP2
>
> Diane Kroeckel

                     support at our newest website: