From:
ken kovler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 16:08:36 -0500
I have a smaller 1.2G drive as my master and I am trying to install a 2.5 G
drive on the same controller as the slave. The motherboard manual(triton
chipset) says it supports drives larger then 528Mbyte. However I didn't
install the master drive which does have a disk manager or overlay
installed on it.

When I try to go into the standard Cmos  under normal it does not allow me
to setup the full capacity of the slave drive. If I enable LBA it does not
even allow me to enter any settings of the slave drive. Is there going to
be any problem installing a larger drive as the slave?

I am suspicious that I have an old bios that does not detect the newer
large drives. If so how do I go about installing the new drive? Both drives
will have different disk managers as one is a Western digital and the other
a quantum.

The bios is an award dated april 1995 (2A59CF52)  Does this bios support
drives larger then 528Mbyte?

Thanks for any help;  ken

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html