From:
Carl Houseman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:57:27 -0400
Sounds like a simple case of hardware failure.

If the motherboard or processor has failed, you may not get any beeps at
all.

If the system powers itself on with the power button, it should power itself
off when you push the button and hold it for 10 sec.

I would try another power supply before swapping out the motherboard.  I've
had a cheap PS fail with similar symptoms.

Carl