From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 12:51:31 EDT
After many problems and much head banging, I finally got my first computer
build project powered up and running. So I inserted the xp home disc and booted
to it. went through formatting portion of set-up three times before it
"apparantly" was successful. it then loaded the xp files up to the point it says it
will now re-boot to finish set-up but every time it re-boots, it states there
was a disc reading error and to press ctrl-alt-del to re-boot.
Would this be a hard drive or cd error? I thought maybe the xp disc was
defective but since I have a couple of extras, I opened a new one re-did all the
above with the same results. also tried changing boot sequence to hd instead of
cd. No luck.
Hope y'all can help since this has already taken an imbarrasingly long time
to get to this point!

Phillip Williams

System:
Soyo Dragon2 sy-p4I865pe plus mobo
P-4 3.2 processor
ATI AIW 9800 APG
Seagate 160 gig hd
Corsair xms 1 gig(x2) ram
Aspire ATX-AS520W 12V power supply

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL