From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:05:23 -0500
I have a PC that does this periodically.  I have found it is due to heat
buildup in the machine (it must be on the edge of overheating).  I can
switch it off for a few minutes and the machine will start fine and run for
days.  Then I try to restart in safe mode and again it will give the himem
error.  A few minutes of cooling will "fix" it again.  Someday I'll get
around to installing more cooling :-)

Doug

At 1/16/01 12:28 PM, Bharat Ale wrote:

Occasionally, when booting Windows 98 in safe mode, I get errors that
himem.sys detected errors in xxxxx:xxxx XMS could not be loaded or similar
kind of error message stops there.
>I change RAM and works fine after that.
>
>I believed it was due to defective RAM.
>
>But I find that the same RAM could be used in other computers just fine.
>Is it due to the RAM and the particular motherboard incompatibility or is
>the RAM really defective ? I've not been able to decide.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com