From:
"Dean K. Kukral" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:25:54 -0600
Thanks for the suggestions.

It is not so simple as this.  It is as if my modem speaks English and
French.  My computer speaks French.  My router speaks English.

My computer seems to recognize that it is connected to a LAN, but
doesn't talk to it.

I can type 192.168.0.1 into  my router on my other computer and set up
stuff.  For example I reserved an IP address for the other compute
because of my TIVO connection problems.  But that doesn't help.  What do
you mean by, "Once in the router you can manually setup things?"

I don't think there is any problem with the router, but it is older than
one year.  (I have tried plugging into different sockets.  My older
computer worked fine.)

Thanks for trying,

Dean Kukral

----- Original Messages ----- <edited>