From:
Kenneth Whyman SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:47:40 -0700
This sounds to me like a registry error in the handler for .lnk files
(aka shortcuts), or something broken further down in the Win32 API
handlers (the part of Windows that enables applications to talk to the
operating system). Depending on what broke and when, a registry repair
tool may be of use. A second thought is to roll your system back to
before the problem started using System Restore. A last resort would be
a complete reinstall of Windows. There are likely steps and tactics in
between that I missed, and I'm sure our fellow contributors can fill in
those blanks. Best wishes for a quick (and easy) resolution.