From:
Scott Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:58:58 -0400
> I'm buiilding a new system: Asus A8N-SLI  (socket 939), Athlon64
> (3700MHz+), and a fresh install of XP Professional 64.
>
> XP does not see the onboard ethernet. (It DOES see the onboard 1394,
> interestingly enough, even though there's nothing on it.) The
> connection and activity LEDs near the ethernet jack indicate a good
> (100bits/s) connection, and activity, so I have to believe the h/w is
> okay (or do I?  it occurs to me that those LEDs might not mean much
> from the cable inbound....). The cable modem and router are fine; my
> older desktop is running off of them without issue.
>
> Mark Shaw
> Allen, TX

Hi Mark, I just did a build with the exact same motherboard for my son,I
ran into some problems with the first board and they had to send me
another. Then I ran into some problems installing windows xp too. When I
talked with the asus tech guy he told me to use the cd sent with the
motherboard to install the drivers for the nvida chipset. The drivers you
seek for  the onboard ethernet port should be on the cd sent with the
mobo.
                Good luck, to date my son has not had any problems with
his. Scott M.