From:
Byron Wolter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 19:51:23 -0600
I agree. The owner of my school wants to network computers at another
business he owns (7 computers) and use one to function as the database for
the program the others will use.  It appears he won't be able to use XP Home
on that particular computer.  I'll tell him he needs XP Pro.  I've seen
computers in magazines advertising Win 2000.  Is that better?

Byron Wolter

Hello!

"They all can see and interact with each other until over 5 users try to
access a Compaq with XP."

I'm assuming that you have Windows XP Home edition on the Compaq.
Microsoft only allows that version of XP to talk to 5 other computers at
the same time. Windows XP Professional doesn't have that restriction.

As a side note, I think Microsoft should have been more forthcoming
about this.

HTH!

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml