From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 23:02:56 -0400
At 22:02 23-07-98 -0400, Philippe Beaulieu wrote:
> everytime i sign on to my isp, web pages form very very slow or not
> at all...minimizing the isp and opening winprobe4 it reads free
> windows memory full, system resourses 80-85pct but free ram shows
> 0 or next to it.

Your problem may not be having too little free memory.

By default, Win95 will use all your free memory as a disk cache.
(This is called vcache and is specified in your System.ini file.
You can change the settings there and limit how much RAM Win95
will use for this purpose.) I am *not* talking about virtual
memory (swap file) here. (As David G said, virtual memory is using
disk memory like it was RAM whereas vcache is using RAM like it
was disk space.) Win95 should immediately free up memory used by
vcache when it is needed for programs.

Look to your TCP/IP properties, or Internet connection, or modem
for other possible sources of your problem. More information to
this list would be helpful.

Regards,
Bill