From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 07:34:21 -0500
Although I basically agree. Technically, going with faster RAM "should" not
causes problems normally. However, I know from another list that I am on,
that one of the listers could not use it on a specific mobo. Unfortunately I
do not remember which specific mobo it was. So just know it could happen as
with everything in the PC world, anything is possible when it comes to
compatibility issues. Just sold a used, high end 486 HP server and it uses
30 pin RAM and can not use anything above 80ns. Also have seen some specific
DIMMs that would not run on specific mobos no matter what speed for no
apparent reason. Swapping same speed DIMMs with another brand and it worked.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast - Reliable - Wallet Friendly