From:
Bill Nussbaumer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:11:43 -0500
This sounds very much like a problem that I'm having as well (alhtough I'm not getting the beeps) ... please see my recent post titled "BE6-2 No video signal periodically".  By chance are you also using an Abit BE6-II motherboard or even any Abit board?  What video card are you using?

Just a side note, you can probably turn the computer off without pulling the plug by holding in the power button for 5 - 10 seconds.

I really must try your technique of opening the CD-ROM drive doors, what led you to do this?

Bill Nussbaumer

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:05:57 -0600, Paul A. Valentine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My computer has developed what I suspect is a hardware problem. When I push
>the power button to turn it on, the power light comes on, the hard drive
>light comes on, it immediately emits one long beeb, and two fast short
>beeps, the cd-rom lights briefly as does the A drive and the cdrw drive. The
>hard drive light stays on for about a minute, then goes off, but nothing
>more happens. The display does not come on. If I turn it on manually, it is
>not getting a signal. The only way to power it down is to pull the plug.
>Sometimes if I hit reset it will start normally, and run normally. Today
>that didn't work. I opened and closed both cd drives, then hit reset, and it
>started????
>Need help????
>Thanks, Paul

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,